Twitter launches third-party advertisements
LONDON - Twitter has been quietly promoting a new service for business users known as ExecTweets on the company blog and on Twitter mainpages in exchange for revenues.
The company was given an endorsement on the Twitter blog, written by co-founder Biz Stone, but ads are also slated to appear in a small box on users' homepages. It was initially used to promote in-house Twitter features, such as its new search service.
A separate application, called Tweetie will also be featured on the small display ads, although the company, which created a Twitter iPhone client, said it will not share revenue with the microblogging service.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)