Twitter launches third-party advertisements
LONDON - Twitter has been quietly promoting a new service for business users known as ExecTweets on the company blog and on Twitter mainpages in exchange for revenues.
The company was given an endorsement on the Twitter blog, written by co-founder Biz Stone, but ads are also slated to appear in a small box on users' homepages. It was initially used to promote in-house Twitter features, such as its new search service.
A separate application, called Tweetie will also be featured on the small display ads, although the company, which created a Twitter iPhone client, said it will not share revenue with the microblogging service.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)