Twitter launches third-party advertisements
LONDON - Twitter has been quietly promoting a new service for business users known as ExecTweets on the company blog and on Twitter mainpages in exchange for revenues.
The company was given an endorsement on the Twitter blog, written by co-founder Biz Stone, but ads are also slated to appear in a small box on users' homepages. It was initially used to promote in-house Twitter features, such as its new search service.
A separate application, called Tweetie will also be featured on the small display ads, although the company, which created a Twitter iPhone client, said it will not share revenue with the microblogging service.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire