Twitter launches third-party advertisements
LONDON - Twitter has been quietly promoting a new service for business users known as ExecTweets on the company blog and on Twitter mainpages in exchange for revenues.
The company was given an endorsement on the Twitter blog, written by co-founder Biz Stone, but ads are also slated to appear in a small box on users' homepages. It was initially used to promote in-house Twitter features, such as its new search service.
A separate application, called Tweetie will also be featured on the small display ads, although the company, which created a Twitter iPhone client, said it will not share revenue with the microblogging service.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Planner or Brand Strategist (called Insights Manager internally) Girl Hub. Competitive, Ethiopia (ET)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Brand Partnership Executive - GB Tourism Ireland £28,564 - £34,685 , London
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Forster c. £40k + benefits, London Bridge Station, London (Greater)
- PR Executive - Maternity Contract AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Worcestershire