Does Twitter save money?
Thousands of small businesses in the UK are using Twitter to raise their profiles on the cheap.
More than 6,000 small businesses are using the social networking tool to save up to £5,000 in marketing and recruitment costs, according to a new survey by mobile phone company O2.
Digital PR chiefs commended small businesses that use Twitter in this manner. Marshall Manson, director of digital strategy at Edelman, said it was a great tool to build relationships with customers.
Phil Szomszor, director at Citigate Dewe Rogerson, agreed Twitter was valuable but warned that companies should 'not put all their eggs in the Twitter basket'.
This article was first published on PR Week UK
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Director (Digital) Stonor £50,000 plus bens and bonus, London
- Group Marketing Executive Dick Lovett Group £25,000 - £29,999 + Car + Benefits (Subject to experience), Cribbs Causeway, Bristol