Panasonic enters white-goods market
LONDON - Panasonic, the electrical goods giant, is launching its 'white goods' into UK stores next week.
Panasonic 'white goods'
The launch marks a new era for the company which is traditionally known for its electrical consumer goods, such as televisions and stereos. The white goods are being positioned as environmentally-friendly with the washing machine using technology that reduces the electricity and water usually required for washing. The brand claims that the fridge freezer is the world's first freezer with an A++ rating and uses 29% less energy than standard A rated machines.
Field marketing agency REL has been appointed by Panasonic to create a brand awareness and consumer education campaign for the launch with activity starting 24 April. The launch will also be supported by a national press campaign across newspaper weekend supplements, women's lifestyle magazines, supermarket customer titles and homes and interiors publications.
REL will handle 500 demonstrations of the new Panasonic washing machines and fridge freezers across 20 Comet stores throughout the rest of 2009. The activity will target the 36+ market in the premium-price bracket, who are believed to be the key drivers in the demand for energy- efficient products.
The new products will also be available from John Lewis and Panasonic's own branded stores.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager in retail + branding design agency Gabriele Skelton £25000 per annum, London
- Senior UK Category Manager McCormick Ltd Haddenham, Buckinghamshire , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- EMEA Category Controller McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire