Panasonic enters white-goods market
LONDON - Panasonic, the electrical goods giant, is launching its 'white goods' into UK stores next week.
Panasonic 'white goods'
The launch marks a new era for the company which is traditionally known for its electrical consumer goods, such as televisions and stereos. The white goods are being positioned as environmentally-friendly with the washing machine using technology that reduces the electricity and water usually required for washing. The brand claims that the fridge freezer is the world's first freezer with an A++ rating and uses 29% less energy than standard A rated machines.
Field marketing agency REL has been appointed by Panasonic to create a brand awareness and consumer education campaign for the launch with activity starting 24 April. The launch will also be supported by a national press campaign across newspaper weekend supplements, women's lifestyle magazines, supermarket customer titles and homes and interiors publications.
REL will handle 500 demonstrations of the new Panasonic washing machines and fridge freezers across 20 Comet stores throughout the rest of 2009. The activity will target the 36+ market in the premium-price bracket, who are believed to be the key drivers in the demand for energy- efficient products.
The new products will also be available from John Lewis and Panasonic's own branded stores.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Ecommerce Trading Manager - Global Brand - London £40-45k plus bonus Sphere Digital 40 -45k + Bonus, London, South East
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...