Focus DIY credit concerns force media account move
LONDON - Focus DIY has moved its £10 million media planning and buying business out of Mediaedge:cia Manchester and has split it between Edwards Groom Saunders and The7Stars.
Focus... media move
MEC says it withdrew from the account because Focus DIY had failed to obtain credit insurance and the agency refused to take on credit liability.
MEC Manchester has handled the account for the past four years. Before that, it was handled by MEC in London for three years.
The7Stars will now handle the implementation planning and buying side of the business, while Edwards Groom Saunders will handle the communications strategy.
Mark Jarvis, a partner at The7Stars, denied credit insurance was an issue, saying: "There is no financial risk."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London