Dentsu takes massive hit on investment value
LONDON - Dentsu, Japan's biggest ad agency, has written down the value of its investments by 40.9 billion yen (£270 million) for the last quarter of the financial year ending on 31 March.
Dentsu...reevaluation of shares
The company had previously said it was expecting a net profit of 11 billion yen for the year.
Japanese shares have been hit hard by the global financial crisis and a domestic downturn.
A statement from Dentsu said: "The booking of a revaluation loss was necessitated by the marked fall of market prices of certain securities held by Dentsu and recognition that the recovery of market prices is uncertain."
The company is due to report its annual results on May 11.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - £45-50K Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, East London