Dentsu takes massive hit on investment value
LONDON - Dentsu, Japan's biggest ad agency, has written down the value of its investments by 40.9 billion yen (£270 million) for the last quarter of the financial year ending on 31 March.
Dentsu...reevaluation of shares
The company had previously said it was expecting a net profit of 11 billion yen for the year.
Japanese shares have been hit hard by the global financial crisis and a domestic downturn.
A statement from Dentsu said: "The booking of a revaluation loss was necessitated by the marked fall of market prices of certain securities held by Dentsu and recognition that the recovery of market prices is uncertain."
The company is due to report its annual results on May 11.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...