Eurostar appoints Italian consultancy to refresh trains
LONDON - Eurostar is to refurbish the interiors of its fleet of 28 trains, and has appointed Italian design consultancy Pininfarina to come up with the new look.
Pininfarina will work on designing new interiors as well as refreshing the exterior livery for Eurostar, with the first new-look trains due in service in 2012.
The train interiors were last refurbished between 2004 and 2005 but this project is planned to be a major redesign marking the half-life of the trains.
Pininfarina is known for its collaborations with high-end car marques such as Maserati and Ferrari, as well work for Alfa Romeo, Ford and Volvo.
It has also worked on redesigning interiors and exteriors of Italy's high-speed trains, trams in cities across Europe, and the rolling stock for Swiss, Danish and Norwegian railways.
Nicolas Petrovic, chief operating officer for Eurostar, said: "We want to offer our travellers the highest standards in comfort, style and innovation, and I am confident that together we will deliver Eurostar trains that fully meet the 21st century expectations of our travellers."
Eurostar potentially faces competition for passengers travelling by rail between the UK and mainland Europe after 2010, when other companies are allowed to enter the marketplace.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...