Sugar's Amscreen secures BP's forecourt ad business
LONDON - Amscreen's Lee McQueen, winner of the BBC's Apprentice series four, has secured BP's UK retail business in his first major deal for Sir Alan Sugar's new digital signage company.
Amscreen win: Lee McQueen, left, with Sir Alan Sugar and Simon Sugar
Amscreen will be the oil giant's exclusive digital signage partner for the next five years, after winning an undisclosed pitch process.
It follows comprehensive trials of digital signs in BP forecourts over the past two years, incorporating both technical and consumer research testing.
Initially, Amscreen's close proximity signage units will be installed in BP's 335 company-owned sites this spring, with the concept being offered to BP's 800 dealer partners towards the end of the year.
The screens will carry customer information such as live traffic updates, as well as advertising for BP products and services.
In addition, the network will carry messages from national and regional advertisers looking to reach the seven million motorists who use BP forecourts in the UK each week. Sales will be led by commercial director McQueen.
The launch of the Amscreen network comes amid a buoyant digital out of home market, expected to quadruple to £248m by 2012.
Amscreen is run by chief executive Simon Sugar, former commercial director of Amstrad, with Sir Alan Sugar as chairman.
Richard Harding, UK convenience retail director for BP, said Amscreen's products provided an opportunity "to improve the safety and efficiency" of customers' journeys, by providing traffic updates, while also "sharing news of its own great promotions.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)