Former ad industry exec takes ITV marketing role
LONDON - ITV has recruited Freeview's Rob Farmer to be director of viewer marketing, responsible for marketing all the broadcaster's programming and developing ITV's channel brands.
Farmer was director of marketing communications at Freeview, where he was responsible for the relaunch of Freeview+, the digital recording service, in a campaign starring Gordon Ramsay, Alan Carr and some of the 'Coronation Street' cast, created by Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
He has a background in advertising, having worked at CHI & Partners and Bartle Bogle Hegarty before joining Freeview.
Farmer's new job will see him look after marketing all the programming on ITV1, ITV2, ITV3 and ITV4 on-air and off-air through paid media.
He will also oversee the strategic and creative development of the channel brands, including the extension of content and on to new platforms such as Freeview and Freesat.
ITV has recently began a big campaign to promote digital channel ITV2, featuring the stars of some of its programmes, including Katie Price and Peter Andre.
Farmer said: "I am delighted to be joining ITV's marketing team at an exciting and significant time in the development of its marketing and branding strategy and I am looking forward to bringing my passion and experience of consumer communication to ITV."
He reports to David Pemsel, ITV's group marketing director.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1