EMI expands marketing team to forge links between music and brands
LONDON - EMI Music has followed up its appointment last week of Andria Vidler as UK president with several senior marketing appointments.
Bob Workman has been named senior director of brand partnerships, reporting to Rafael McDonnell, vice president of brand partnerships, licensing and synchronisation in Europe.
Workman joins EMI from music agency Spin Music where he was a director, responsible for bringing together major brands, such as Procter & Gamble, Coca-Cola and News International, with the music and wider entertainment industry. His previous roles include marketing director of Gut Records and he began his career in promotions at Island Records.
Workman will be supported by Hannah Partridge who has been appointed brand partnerships manager in UK. She will join EMI in May from marketing agency BD Ntwk. At BD she was the senior account director for Coca-Cola, responsible for overseeing all of Coke's music marketing activities including its recent iTunes partnership and Mycokemusic.com.
EMI Music's synchronisation team in the UK has been expanded to eight people and the team has been divided into two areas.
The first, led by Hywel Evans, director of synchronisation, will be responsible for negotiating commercial terms for the licensing of EMI's music.
The second, led by Rich Robinson, director of synchronisation creative, will focus on proactively pitching EMI's repertoire to ad agencies, film, TV and gaming companies.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Campaign Manager AF Selection £30,000, Warwickshire
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...