Tesco Telecoms kicks off digital review
LONDON - Tesco Telecoms is reviewing its digital arrangements and has begun to approach agencies about pitching for the business.
The brief will include an overhaul of the Tesco Telecoms online shop, as well as other digital customer communications. The review comes as the retailer expands its Tesco Mobile brand's in-store presence.
Tesco Telecoms has previously used agencies including Ruby, Harvest Digital and Whippet UK for digital work. It said its above-the-line creative agency Red Brick Road would not be affected by this review.
In February, Tesco Mobile launched a national TV, outdoor, press and radio campaign positioning the brand as a cheaper alternative to better-known rivals such as T-Mobile.
Tesco Mobile rebranded last year in an attempt to take the service upmarket. More recent activity, however, has returned to the brand's value roots by promoting its 'triple your credit' pay-as-you-go tariffs.
The work featured a blue animated character claiming that the Tesco Mobile service is not glamorous but generous. The ads focused on a deal giving customers £30 free credit if they topped up £15 a month.
Tesco Mobile, which has about 2m customers, also recently launched a £10 pay-monthly tariff, adding to its £15-a-month, £20-a-month and £25-a-month deals.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)