Tesco Telecoms kicks off digital review
LONDON - Tesco Telecoms is reviewing its digital arrangements and has begun to approach agencies about pitching for the business.
The brief will include an overhaul of the Tesco Telecoms online shop, as well as other digital customer communications. The review comes as the retailer expands its Tesco Mobile brand's in-store presence.
Tesco Telecoms has previously used agencies including Ruby, Harvest Digital and Whippet UK for digital work. It said its above-the-line creative agency Red Brick Road would not be affected by this review.
In February, Tesco Mobile launched a national TV, outdoor, press and radio campaign positioning the brand as a cheaper alternative to better-known rivals such as T-Mobile.
Tesco Mobile rebranded last year in an attempt to take the service upmarket. More recent activity, however, has returned to the brand's value roots by promoting its 'triple your credit' pay-as-you-go tariffs.
The work featured a blue animated character claiming that the Tesco Mobile service is not glamorous but generous. The ads focused on a deal giving customers £30 free credit if they topped up £15 a month.
Tesco Mobile, which has about 2m customers, also recently launched a £10 pay-monthly tariff, adding to its £15-a-month, £20-a-month and £25-a-month deals.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)