Builder's Breakfast wins Walkers "Do us a flavour" competition
LONDON - Builder's Breakfast has been revealed as the winner of the Walkers "Do us a flavour" competition.
Builder's Breakfast... winner
More than one million people took part in the competition with the flavour eventually picking up 232,336 votes, more than 10,000 in front of Onion Bhaji, which came in second.
Fish & Chips came in third with 218,270 votes, followed by Crispy Duck & Hoisin (176,184), Cajun Squirrel (116,777) and Chilli & Chocolate (114,775) bringing up the rear.
The result will net the flavour's creator, Emma Rushin from Belper, Derbyshire, a £50,000 prize packet and 1 per cent of future sales.
The "Do us a flavour" campaign kicked off in July 2008, when Walkers challenged the public to invent a crisp flavour. More than 1.2 million people responded.
The six finalist flavours were then selected by the chief judge Heston Blumenthal and a panel of judges from Walkers. All six were put on sale in January this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire