Senior management to go amid redundancies at Kinetic
LONDON - WPP's out-of-home communications agency Kinetic has put a number of staff into consultation, with those at risk of redundancy including international and airports head Jonathan Goldsmid-Whyte, and Richard Blackburn, managing director of Kinetic's regional division.
Ivan Clark, director of digital and creative solutions, is also set to leave the company after nearly four years, through mutual consent. He plans to explore "other exciting opportunities within advertising".
In February, Goldsmid-Whyte was promoted from chief executive of Kinetic's airport division Aviator to run a 12-strong team combining Kinetic's international and airport divisions with the new job title of business development director, Kinetic.
When the division was set up, Goldsmid-Whyte reported to Kinetic's EMEA chief executive David Payne, who has since taken the role of chief executive of the Americas.
Blackburn is the managing director of Kinetic Zone, the firm's specialist division dedicated to delivering outdoor planning and buying for local and regional advertisers.
It is believed the number of redundancies overall at the agency will be four.
Kinetic is 50%-owned by Martin Sorrell's WPP marketing services network and 50% by Kinetic's senior management team. Kinetic handles outdoor advertising for all the GroupM media agencies, OMD, Starcom MediaVest Group and some smaller agencies.
Its clients include BA, Vodafone, Nokia, Virgin Media and Sony Ericsson. The company declined to comment to Media Week.
WPP is understood to be planning to axe up to 7,200 jobs this year - 6% of its staff in the UK, Europe and the US.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...