Paul Evans quits Kimberly-Clark to head Xbox EMEA media
LONDON - Paul Evans, the media chief at Kimberly-Clark, is leaving the FMCG company to join Microsoft after just a year in the role.
Evans will join Microsoft Xbox as the head of media for EMEA, where he will oversee the games console's media spend and relationships with its media agencies, which include Universal McCann and the communications planning agency Goodstuff.
He joins Xbox after effectively replacing Oliver Cleaver as Kimberly-Clark's most senior media operator in Europe, having been appointed as the media and integrated marketing planning manager last June.
Evans, who will leave Kimberly-Clark later this month, has also previously worked at InBev UK as a senior media marketing manager and a senior brand manager. Before that, he was a senior product manager at the alcoholic drinks company First Drinks.
At Kimberly-Clark, he was responsible for media activity across 20 markets and brands including Andrex, Kleenex and Huggies, as well as managing its relationship with the media network Mindshare.
Recent advertising activity for the Xbox 360 has worked to move the image of the console towards family gaming, with ad campaigns to support games including Lego Batman and Rock Band.
Microsoft said in January that total sales of the Xbox 360 had topped eight million across EMEA and that global sales of the console had reached 23 million.
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...