AOL brings another site from US to UK
LONDON - AOL UK today continued its policy of repurposing its US websites for a UK audience with the launch of parentdish.co.uk.
The portal, which prides itself on family values, has teamed with Bauer Media's specialist parenting division, publisher of titles including Mother & Baby, Pregnancy & Birth and AskaMum.co.uk, for the launch.
A team of writers, along with content from Bauer will attempt to give the site a UK feel, while relying on some content from parentdish.com, the US version.
Parentdish.com attracts around 2.8 million unique users a month says comScore but AOL is launching into a competitive UK market which is full of sites looking to get a slice of the baby market.
Johnson & Johnson's BabyCentre, Disney's RaisingKids, Gurgle and Bounty are all popular parenting sites in the UK. What ParentDish promises to offer is blog posts written for parents by parents, friendly advice, polls and photo galleries.
The site also offers Platform-A (AOL's sales force) a different type of site to sell to advertisers. Quigo, Platform-A's contextual ad server will be introduced to ParentDish.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...