AOL brings another site from US to UK
LONDON - AOL UK today continued its policy of repurposing its US websites for a UK audience with the launch of parentdish.co.uk.
The portal, which prides itself on family values, has teamed with Bauer Media's specialist parenting division, publisher of titles including Mother & Baby, Pregnancy & Birth and AskaMum.co.uk, for the launch.
A team of writers, along with content from Bauer will attempt to give the site a UK feel, while relying on some content from parentdish.com, the US version.
Parentdish.com attracts around 2.8 million unique users a month says comScore but AOL is launching into a competitive UK market which is full of sites looking to get a slice of the baby market.
Johnson & Johnson's BabyCentre, Disney's RaisingKids, Gurgle and Bounty are all popular parenting sites in the UK. What ParentDish promises to offer is blog posts written for parents by parents, friendly advice, polls and photo galleries.
The site also offers Platform-A (AOL's sales force) a different type of site to sell to advertisers. Quigo, Platform-A's contextual ad server will be introduced to ParentDish.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London