Iron Maiden launch video game to promote DVD release
LONDON - EMI and Matmi have teamed up to produce an online video game to promote the DVD release of Iron Maiden's documentary film 'Flight 666'.
Iron Maiden Flight 666: the game
The game mimics Iron Maiden's latest world tour 'Somewhere Back in Time', with singer Bruce Dickinson piloting a plane and flying the band around the world himself.
Gamers fly the Maiden plane through 10 levels set in five of the tour's host countries, Australia, Canada, India, Japan and Mexico, dropping speakers along the way to "get the world rocking" and earn points.
Completing each level earns a stamp on the Iron Maiden passport, while every second level unlocks free trailers for the film.
The game also includes a competition for exclusive Iron Maiden prizes, including embroidered stage gowns featured in the film.
Geoff Smith, digital director at EMI marketing, said: "Advergaming has proved to be a great way to enhance EMI's traditional marketing campaigns. The 'Flight 666' game is designed to entertain Iron Maiden's enormous worldwide audience, and captivate even more players outside the rock market at the same time."
'Iron Maiden: Flight 666' is released on Monday 25th May on EMI Records.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Design Director Source £50000 - £60000 per annum, Cambridgeshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...