Bell Pottinger tries to avoid Trafigura's 'media trial' following BBC allegations
Bell Pottinger is attempting to avoid a 'trial by media' for controversial client Trafigura, following fresh BBC allegations about the oil trading group.
Last week, Trafigura said it would sue the BBC’s Newsnight programme for libel. The company denies allegations that it was involved in one of the world’s most notorious toxic waste dumping scandals, with a major court case set for October.
Bell Pottinger was hired in February 2007. ‘Our line has always been that Trafigura will deal with the real substance of the case when the UK action begins in October,’ said associate director Neil Cameron. ‘We do not want to deal with a trial by media.’
Cameron leads a six-person team. As the court date nears he will ‘review the team’ to see if it needs expanding.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...