Bell Pottinger tries to avoid Trafigura's 'media trial' following BBC allegations
Bell Pottinger is attempting to avoid a 'trial by media' for controversial client Trafigura, following fresh BBC allegations about the oil trading group.
Last week, Trafigura said it would sue the BBC’s Newsnight programme for libel. The company denies allegations that it was involved in one of the world’s most notorious toxic waste dumping scandals, with a major court case set for October.
Bell Pottinger was hired in February 2007. ‘Our line has always been that Trafigura will deal with the real substance of the case when the UK action begins in October,’ said associate director Neil Cameron. ‘We do not want to deal with a trial by media.’
Cameron leads a six-person team. As the court date nears he will ‘review the team’ to see if it needs expanding.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London