Bell Pottinger tries to avoid Trafigura's 'media trial' following BBC allegations
Bell Pottinger is attempting to avoid a 'trial by media' for controversial client Trafigura, following fresh BBC allegations about the oil trading group.
Last week, Trafigura said it would sue the BBC’s Newsnight programme for libel. The company denies allegations that it was involved in one of the world’s most notorious toxic waste dumping scandals, with a major court case set for October.
Bell Pottinger was hired in February 2007. ‘Our line has always been that Trafigura will deal with the real substance of the case when the UK action begins in October,’ said associate director Neil Cameron. ‘We do not want to deal with a trial by media.’
Cameron leads a six-person team. As the court date nears he will ‘review the team’ to see if it needs expanding.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London