Spending on in-game ads set to reach $1 billion by 2014
LONDON - Spending on ads within computer games will reach $1 billion in the next five years, according to a study released today.
In-game ads...growing share of the market
The report, by Screen Digest and Group M, says that many brands have still to wake up to the potential of the gaming market.
It says that such ads will make up around 1.5 per cent of global adspend by 2014.
Screen Digest's senior analyst for advertising, Vincent Letang, said: "Dynamic in-game advertising offers brands the same accountability as other digital platforms but in a more controlled environment than social display media and through a more standardised value chain than mobile advertising.
"Like online video pre-rolls, in-game advertising fills a gap in online branding, bringing familiar formats such as virtual billboards and TV ads into the gaming experience."
The report said that the format provides numerous benefits to brand owners and digital planners, including scalability, accountability, high levels of audience engagement, and positive brand associations.
It added that in-game ads also allow the opportunity to communicate with demographic groups that are proving increasingly hard to reach via other media.
Adam Smith, the futures director at Group M, said: "Games are proven recession-beaters with an ad-funded online model that actually works."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Account Director or Group Account Director, Social / Digital, £60k - £70k, Old Street Agency MODA consult up to £70k + excellent benefits, Central London, Old Street
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...