OgilvyOne hires Birss as digital head
LONDON - OgilvyOne London has appointed Dave Birss, the former creative director of Poke, as its new digital creative head.
Colin Nimick...'Dave is one of those rare, truly integrated creatives'
Birss will join the agency at the beginning of June, and will work closely with the agency's executive creative director, Colin Nimick.
He joins OgilvyOne three months after the agency restructured its creative department.
The revamp saw Charlie Wilson and Emma de la Fosse promoted to the roles of joint creative directors, after Bo Hellberg, the creative director of OgilvyInteractive, OgilvyOne's digital arm, was made redundant.
Birss left his post as the creative director at Poke in August 2008, and has been working as a freelance consultant to agencies looking to integrate their on- and offline offering.
Last year, he also set up Unchained, an online guide to the best independent shops in London.
Before working at Poke, Birss was the creative director at MRM Worldwide, a position he held for three years, and an assistant creative director at the full-service agency Mr Smith.
During his time in the industry, he has worked on brands including Orange, HP, Lexus and Foster's.
Nimick said: "Dave is a key appointment, he's one of those rare, truly integrated creatives who can turn his hand to most things, who's won awards and who understands the technical stuff behind the best digital work."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Events Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus + bens, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...