'Best Job in the World' campaign spawns BBC documentary
LONDON - BBC One has ordered a documentary on the 'The Best Job in the World' competition that proved a runaway success for Tourism Queensland and Australian integrated agency CumminsNitro.
The documentary is to air on July 2, the day before the winning candidate, Briton Ben Southall, begins the six-month stint as caretaker of Hamilton Island with a salary of £74,000. BBC Wales is to produce the documentary.
It will provide yet more free publicity for the country, on top of the estimated £54m generated up to the beginning of May by the island reef job ad.
According to Broadcast magazine the hour-long programme "will examine the carefully managed media hype ... and follow the final four candidates from Britain in the last stages of their battle to secure the post".
The campaign launched in January, the middle of the northern hemisphere's winter and attracted almost 35,000 applicants and vast amounts of press coverage around the world.
From 50 shortlisted candidates Tourism Queensland chose 16 finalists who spent a week discovering the taste of Vegemite, snorkelling and taking part in swimming tests in a bid to impress judges.
The finalists came from all over the world, including key markets for Australian tourism such as Japan, the US and of course Britain.
CumminsNitro won "Best in Show" for the campaign at the One Show awards, celebrating integrated marketing last month.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...