Nestle uses live tweets in ad campaign
LONDON - Nestle has become the first global brand to launch a campaign that allows Twitter users post tweets into an ad unit that can appear anywhere on the web.
Nestle: using consumer tweets in Juicy Juice ad drive
The brand is testing the ‘Twitter Pulse' format, developed by SocialMedia, as part of a drive to promote its Juicy Juice children's fruit drink in the US.
The ad unit appears on a range of parenting sites asking questions including ‘How do you stimulate your child's mind?' and ‘How important are vitamin enhanced foods to you?'
Users who are already logged in to Twitter can answer the questions by posting tweets directly into the ad, while those not logged in are directed to the microblog to enter their user name and password.
As well as appearing in the Juicy Juice ad unit, users' tweets also show up in their Twitter feeds with a hashtag. All comments are moderated by Nestle.
Consumers that click on the ad unit are taken through to Juicy Juice's YouTube channel, which contains a series of videos aimed at parents.
Nestle and SocialMedia are tracking a number of metrics for the Juicey Juice campaign, including views and click-through rates, as well as the number of users exposed to the hashtag via Twitter.
Pepsi is including a Twitter tag on the can of its newest line of bubbly drinks Pepsi Raw, asking consumers to log-on to the microblogging website and share their thoughts on the soda in 140 characters or less.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Circulation Marketing Executive SJP Business Media £22,000 p.a + 26 days holiday, City of London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...