Microsoft's Ballmer: all content will be digital
LONDON - Steve Ballmer set out Microsoft's future vision where "all content will be digital" while picking up his Media Person of the Year award at the Cannes Lions Festival.
Ballmer addressing the Cannes Lions crowd
The Microsoft chief executive used his keynote speech to talk about the future roll of content and advertising.
"In the new world all content consumed will be digital," he said. "Whether it's in one years to five years we won't be seeing newspapers and magazines and TV programmes that's offline and separate - everything will move to digital."
Ballmer also said that in every situation, people will be social and everything will be interactive.
"All content needs to be relevant where people pull what they want rather than have things pushed to them," he continued.
Ballmer also said that, beyond Google, there are few publishers making a lot of money from ad-based and fee-based models and called on the industry to question where future content will come from.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London