Tim O'Kennedy appointed D&AD chief executive
LONDON - Tim O'Kennedy, the former managing director at Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam, has been appointed as the chief executive of D&AD.
O'Kennedy...new D&AD chief executive
In the role he will be charged with reinforcing the relevance of the awards around the globe while ensuring that D&AD remains an influential creative awards body and a leading and inspirational learning centre for creatives.
He said: I feel honoured to take the reins at this amazing organisation, which has always lived in my mind as the absolute reference for creativity in the communication arts. D&AD’s multi-disciplinary purview is a big part of the appeal for me."
Anthony Simonds-Gooding, the D&AD chairman, said: Tim will bring an entrepreneurial mindset and fresh thinking to D&AD, which will take the organisation into new territory. His wealth of international experience will help cement the company’s position in an increasingly competitive global marketplace.
"As a man who has circumnavigated the globe, I am sure that he will steer D&AD safely through the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead."
O’Kennedy began his career at Saatchi & Saatchi in the early 80s. He then moved to Wieden & Kennedy Portland, where he worked on the original Nike "Just Do It" campaign. He then moved to Nike before joining the Lowe Group Europe as its chief operating officer.
He was a founding partner of the marketing agency Circus in 1998 and subsequently became the managing director at Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam, where he remained until the end of 2007.
O’Kennedy currently serves as a non-executive director of the digital creative agency Perfect Fools in Stockholm, and of the communications agency Indie in Amsterdam.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...