Coca-Cola and Pepsi bury hatchet on Twitter
LONDON - Coca-Cola and Pepsi have tentatively buried their decades old competitive rivalry, and are now sharing tweets and following each other on Twitter.
Coca Cola and Pepsi forgive and forget
As part of a social experiment between the bitterest of fizzy drinks rivals, creative agency Amnesia Razorfish invited the two companies - both on Twitter, but not fellow followers - to go out on a limb and acknowledge one another.
Amnesia Razorfish founder Iain McDonald explained the experiment on his blog, which details the encounter, and said: "Oh we all know Coke and Pepsi are age old bitter rivals but this is a new age of 'social' and we want to see something change between these arch enemies - even if it is just courtesy."
McDonald said: "And just like that, the world feels like a slightly better place.
Ahh maybe Twitter really is more than just 'what I ate for breakfast.'"
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Interim Head of Marketing & Communications Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum, Brentwood
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...