Twitter suspends users' accounts by mistake
SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter accidentally suspended some users' accounts at the weekend due to what it described as "human error".
The micro blogging site did not say how many accounts were affected, but tech blog Stay N' Alive said it was in the "hundreds to thousands".
A Twitter search for "suspended" features thousands of tweets by users reporting that their accounts were suspended.
Twitter acknowledged the problem on its status page yesterday, saying: "Earlier today, we accidentally suspended a number of accounts.
"We regret the human error that led to these mistaken suspensions and we are working to restore the affected accounts -- we expect this to be completed in the next several hours."
On an additional note Twitter said that some of the accounts suspended were using the third-party site Tweetlater.
However, it said that Tweetlater was not to blame for these suspensions, nor was it in violation of Twitter's terms.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...