Amazon plots ad serving on Kindle
LONDON - Amazon is considering selling advertising on its Kindle digital book reader in a move designed to increase revenues from the service.
Kindle... could take ads
The online retailer has filed two US patent applications for products that would serve ads embedded in content downloaded to Kindle readers, as well as paperbacks sold through its on-demand book publishing service.
Under the plans, ads carried in the online books would be related to the content they appeared in. They could also be made relevant to the user’s Amazon purchasing profile.
The applications state that one of the benefits would be to lower the cost of content for consumers, which could widen the appeal of ebooks. It is expected that ad-free books will still be available to those that want them, but at an unreduced price.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London