Internet users can watch Mandela Day concert live online
LONDON - The Nelson Mandela Foundation and global HIV/Aids awareness and prevention campaign 46664 have launched Mandela Day TV to allow users to watch next week's Mandela Day concert at Radio City Music Hall in New York live online.
Mandela Day TV, launched in conjunction with video streaming service Livestream, will allow users to watch the concert, featuring Aretha Franklin, Will I Am and Cyndi Lauper, from anywhere in the world.
The concert forms part of the celebrations for Nelson Mandela's 91st birthday on July 18.
Users will be able to watch the concert for free through a video flash player that can be embedded as a widget on any website and social networking page.
The player widget has been developed using a Livestream player API.
Max Haot, chief executive and co-founder of Livestream, said: "We were chosen because our live flash player and Livestream Premium platform has the scalability required for the hundreds of thousands of concurrent users expected to view the Mandela Day event."
Distribution partners include Tiscali UK, Telefonica in Spain, MSN in Italy, and Comcast in the US, among others.
Users can also choose to pay $4.99 (£3) and view the concert in high resolution, full-screen mode through streaming service Pecunia. These viewers gain access to multiple camera feeds and interactive content.
All the net proceeds from this pay-per-view option will benefit all of the Nelson Mandela organisations.
The annual Mandela Day celebration is being created to inspire people to embrace Nelson Mandela's values and help change the world around them.
The campaign 46664 (four, double six, six four) was originally launched to raise awareness about HIV/Aids. The digits are the same as the prison number Mandela was given when he was imprisoned on Robben Island, off Cape Town in South Africa in 1964.
Working alongside the other Mandela organisations, 46664 is now expanding its focus to champion Mandela's broader humanitarian work.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...