Sony launches cross-division Blu-ray marketing strategy
LONDON - Sony is gearing up for a new marketing strategy pulling together Sony UK, the consumer electronics division, and film distribution arm Sony Pictures.
Sony UK is working on promoting Blu-ray, the optical disc format expected to replace DVD, by combining marketing of its TVs and Blu-ray players with upcoming film releases on Blu-ray.
The consumer electronics company will tie up with content coming from the Sony Pictures content arm.
Carl Pring, Sony's head of brand and advertising, said Sony would run Blu-ray campaigns towards the end of the year to coincide with the release of major films Terminator Salvation and Angels & Demons.
‘What you will start to see is campaigns across the various companies. We can tell consumers about the greater thrills and excitement they will see with Blu-ray releases on our Blu-ray products.'
Pring said the Blu-ray push would be the ‘first of many spanning different Sony divisions'.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...