Sony launches cross-division Blu-ray marketing strategy
LONDON - Sony is gearing up for a new marketing strategy pulling together Sony UK, the consumer electronics division, and film distribution arm Sony Pictures.
Sony UK is working on promoting Blu-ray, the optical disc format expected to replace DVD, by combining marketing of its TVs and Blu-ray players with upcoming film releases on Blu-ray.
The consumer electronics company will tie up with content coming from the Sony Pictures content arm.
Carl Pring, Sony's head of brand and advertising, said Sony would run Blu-ray campaigns towards the end of the year to coincide with the release of major films Terminator Salvation and Angels & Demons.
‘What you will start to see is campaigns across the various companies. We can tell consumers about the greater thrills and excitement they will see with Blu-ray releases on our Blu-ray products.'
Pring said the Blu-ray push would be the ‘first of many spanning different Sony divisions'.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London
- Product Strategist Dyson Undisclosed, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Motion Graphic designer (with Flash Experience) Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London