Best Buy seeks job applicants with 250 Twitter followers
LONDON - How many Twitter followers does it take to get a job? The answer is 250, according to Best Buy, which is specifying that candidates for a marketing role have a degree and at least 250 Twitter followers.
Best Buy: only those with 250+ Twitter followers need apply
The US retail giant recently posted a job ad on its corporate website for a ‘senior manager - emerging media marketing' based out of its Minnesota headquarters.
Basic requirement for the role include ‘two plus years of mobile or social media marketing experience' and ‘one plus year of active blogging experience', as well as a Bachelor's degree and at least 250 Twitter followers.
While scores of companies have advertised for marketers with social media experience, Best Buy is believed to be the first to specify that applicants have a minimum number of Twitter followers.
Twitter is part of the corporate culture at Best Buy, with chief executive Brian Dunn recently encouraging customer and investors unable to attend the company's annual shareholder meeting to following the proceedings via Twiiter.
Dunn, who took up the top role at Best Buy last month, currently has 1,679 Twitter followers, so more than qualifies for the role. However, according to Best Buy's website, the position has already been filled.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...