Video: Orange promotes RockCorps with TV campaign
LONDON - Orange has launched a TV campaign to promote its RockCorps volunteer programme.
The music-led programme asks volunteers to give up four hours of their time to help in their local community.
The TV ads will showcase the work already done and tell members of the public that 'Together we can do more'.
The campaign will run throughout July and September to coincide with upcoming Orange RockCorps gigs in Manchester and London.
The creative is set against a gradually regenerating urban backdrop. A diverse cast of 268 16-24 year olds, featuring volunteers from the Orange RockCorps programme, were meticulously arranged to create an effect similar to a flick-book.
Using a manual ‘morphing' technique, the sequence will show one person morphing into another through gradual, incremental changes in their physical appearance.
Volunteers' hard work, meanwhile, is reflected by surroundings shown in a constant state of transformation.
The TV advert, created by Orange's retained agency Fallon and directed by Dougal Wilson of Blink TV, was filmed at Milton Court Estate in Deptford over the course of three days. It will be supported by radio and outdoor activity.
This year Orange RockCorps has created 8,000 opportunities for people to volunteer in London and Manchester. In return for volunteering for four-hour stints at 150 special community-based charity projects, 2009's volunteers will earn tickets to exclusive gigs in their home city.
US pop artist Lady GaGa, The Enemy, N-Dubz and VV Brown will take to the stage at Manchester Apollo on 13 July.
The line-up for London's Royal Albert Hall gig will be announced in coming months.
The programme will also take place in Paris with a series of four-hour projects for 5,000 volunteers, finishing with a gig at Le Zenith on 2 October.
The Orange RockCorps programme has signed up brand partners Sony Ericsson and Channel 4, which will broadcast the volunteer work and UK gigs during a summer of programming on T4.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer CitNOW £25,000-£35 000pa, Wokingham, Berkshire
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...