Best Buy unleashes 500-strong Twitter sales force
LONDON - Best Buy has launched an army of sales and customer service representatives on Twitter in an effort to improve the consumer experience.
Best Buy is reaching out to customers via Twitter
The US retail giant's new ‘Twelpforce' comprises more than 500 store employees responsible for reaching out and connection with consumers seeking more information about consumer electronics.
Best Buy has been a major advocate of Twitter for the last year or so, but the Twelpforce represents the retailer's first major initiative to use the microblogging service to drive sales.
The company is promoting the launch of Twelpforce with a series of TV ads encouraging consumers to send a direct tweet to @twelpforce.
Earlier this month, Best Buy posted a job ad on its website specifying that candidates for a marketing role have a degree and at least 250 Twitter followers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London
- Senior Manager - CRM Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45,000 - £50,000, Central London