Jim Kelly to lead Dentsu assault on Europe
LONDON - Jim Kelly, a founder of Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, has been hired to lead Dentsu Europe in the newly created post of regional director.
Jim Kelly...joining Dentsu Europe as regional director
Based in the UK, he will take control of Dentsu’s fledgling European network, which includes offices in the UK, Germany, Italy and Brussels.
Starting on 17 August, his first duty will be to reorganise the group’s UK offering.
This includes moving the rebranded Dentsu London (formerly CDP) and Attik UK into a new building, which will also serve as the European headquarters.
Attik, which has clients including Coca-Cola and Virgin Atlantic, will continue to be led by its founder James Sommerville, while Dentsu London will continue to be run by Simon North.
Kelly has also been given the go-ahead to expand the network across the continent via acquisitions or launches.
It is only the second time the company has appointed a non-Japanese regional manager following the 2006 appointment of Tim Andree, the executive officer of Dentsu Inc in the US and the president and chief executive of Dentsu Holdings. Kelly’s appointment is designed to emulate the growth that Andree has fostered in the US.
Kelly said: "The network is mobilised at the moment and it has a new intent and a new strength. As the US has grown, Tim needs support as we build the presence in Europe."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London