Sony Ericsson to add logo colours
LONDON - Sony Ericsson is to refresh its brand identity by using coloured variations of its brand logo for the first time.
It marks the first significant change to its green ‘liquid identity' since the formation of the joint venture between Sony and Ericsson in 2001.
The mobile handset manufacturer has designed versions of its logo in several colours, including pink, blue, orange and purple.
Dave Hilton, UK marketing director at Sony Ericsson, said there was ‘clearly a desire to freshen up our advertising'.
The revamp comes ahead of the company's ‘biggest-ever' £8m campaign, promoting its Entertainment Unlimited proposition. This comprises the Satio, Yari and Aino handset models alongside its PlayNow music- and film-download service.
Sony Ericsson rolled out a fresh look for its mobile phone brand in 2006, when design agency Wolff Olins ‘wrapped' the green liquid logo within emotive messages.
The handset firm also started using vibrantly coloured ads to help it stand out from other technology brands.
Sony Ericsson is currently finalising a campaign due to launch next month, which will offer consumers who buy certain handsets the opportunity to win tickets to next year's football World Cup, which takes place in South Africa.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...