Sony Ericsson to add logo colours
LONDON - Sony Ericsson is to refresh its brand identity by using coloured variations of its brand logo for the first time.
It marks the first significant change to its green ‘liquid identity' since the formation of the joint venture between Sony and Ericsson in 2001.
The mobile handset manufacturer has designed versions of its logo in several colours, including pink, blue, orange and purple.
Dave Hilton, UK marketing director at Sony Ericsson, said there was ‘clearly a desire to freshen up our advertising'.
The revamp comes ahead of the company's ‘biggest-ever' £8m campaign, promoting its Entertainment Unlimited proposition. This comprises the Satio, Yari and Aino handset models alongside its PlayNow music- and film-download service.
Sony Ericsson rolled out a fresh look for its mobile phone brand in 2006, when design agency Wolff Olins ‘wrapped' the green liquid logo within emotive messages.
The handset firm also started using vibrantly coloured ads to help it stand out from other technology brands.
Sony Ericsson is currently finalising a campaign due to launch next month, which will offer consumers who buy certain handsets the opportunity to win tickets to next year's football World Cup, which takes place in South Africa.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London