Did Jane Fonda steal my website?
LONDON - This is the question the managing director of Delete London is asking today after finding striking similarities between his agency's website and that of Barbarella star Jane Fonda.
Jane Fonda's website is similar to Deletelondon.com
Geoff Devereux, Delete's managing director, has accused the people behind the Hollywood star's official site of copying his own agency's work. While Deletelondon.com launched in 2008, Janefonda.com is a product of 2009.
Revolution has contacted Janefonda.com but has not yet had a response. There is no suggestion that Janefonda.com has done anything illegal.
Yet there are similarities. The look and feel of the homepage and navigation are similar and Devereux even claims to have found logos similar to Delete's in the code.
Although Devereux has consulted Delete's lawyers, he said that the agency is willing to debate the matter rather than be confrontational about it.
"We are not complaining about her taste, obviously it's good (or at least her web team's taste is good), but we are surprised that a film icon's website could be so similar to our own. We are thrilled that we've finally 'made it' in Hollywood - however, it would have been better if we got paid for it."
Decide for yourself.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...