Did Jane Fonda steal my website?
LONDON - This is the question the managing director of Delete London is asking today after finding striking similarities between his agency's website and that of Barbarella star Jane Fonda.
Jane Fonda's website is similar to Deletelondon.com
Geoff Devereux, Delete's managing director, has accused the people behind the Hollywood star's official site of copying his own agency's work. While Deletelondon.com launched in 2008, Janefonda.com is a product of 2009.
Revolution has contacted Janefonda.com but has not yet had a response. There is no suggestion that Janefonda.com has done anything illegal.
Yet there are similarities. The look and feel of the homepage and navigation are similar and Devereux even claims to have found logos similar to Delete's in the code.
Although Devereux has consulted Delete's lawyers, he said that the agency is willing to debate the matter rather than be confrontational about it.
"We are not complaining about her taste, obviously it's good (or at least her web team's taste is good), but we are surprised that a film icon's website could be so similar to our own. We are thrilled that we've finally 'made it' in Hollywood - however, it would have been better if we got paid for it."
Decide for yourself.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Planner or Brand Strategist (called Insights Manager internally) Girl Hub. Competitive, Ethiopia (ET)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Brand Partnership Executive - GB Tourism Ireland £28,564 - £34,685 , London
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Forster c. £40k + benefits, London Bridge Station, London (Greater)
- PR Executive - Maternity Contract AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Worcestershire