Cash4Gold hires former eBay marketer David Knight to head global expansion
LONDON - US gold trading firm and self-styled 'UK's biggest direct response advertiser' Cash4Gold has hired former eBay senior marketer David Knight to lead its expansion abroad.
Cash4Gold: former eBay and Pepsi Co marketer David Knight will lead expansion abroad
Australia-born Knight, who was vice-president of internal communication and before that, vice president of international marketing at online auction giant eBay, helped Cash4Gold launch in the UK last month.
As Cash4Gold’s senior vice president for international marketing and expansion, Knight will lead Cash4Gold’s entry into Europe and beyond.
Knight will report to the company’s CEO Jeff Aronson, who told Marketing Direct last week that the Florida-based firm’s next geographical move would be announced in two months.
Cash4Gold is also about to launch the next phase of its DRTV ad campaign, featuring as yet unnamed UK celebrities.
At eBay Knight managed all internal communications for eBay Inc, which includes eBay Marketplaces, Skype and PayPal.
During his tenure, eBay was listed on the Great Places to Work list and handled internal communications during the company’s CEO transition in March 2008.
Other positions include a stint at PepsiCo, for whom he introduced the Gatorade, Tropicana Juices, SoBe Teas and Aquafina water brands to the Asia Pacific region, as well as spending 11 years marketing for the Frito-Lay snack food division.
Knight is a serious athlete too: he has completed 14 Ironman Triathlons and has swum the English Channel.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing & Sales Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £26,000 - £36,000, Central London
- Graphic Designer (10 month contract) Better Placed Recruitment £18000 - £20000 per annum, Manchester
- Online Marketing Manager - Client Side - London Major Players £45000 - £600000 per annum, London
- Web Conversion Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £20000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, North West England