Cash4Gold hires former eBay marketer David Knight to head global expansion
LONDON - US gold trading firm and self-styled 'UK's biggest direct response advertiser' Cash4Gold has hired former eBay senior marketer David Knight to lead its expansion abroad.
Cash4Gold: former eBay and Pepsi Co marketer David Knight will lead expansion abroad
Australia-born Knight, who was vice-president of internal communication and before that, vice president of international marketing at online auction giant eBay, helped Cash4Gold launch in the UK last month.
As Cash4Gold’s senior vice president for international marketing and expansion, Knight will lead Cash4Gold’s entry into Europe and beyond.
Knight will report to the company’s CEO Jeff Aronson, who told Marketing Direct last week that the Florida-based firm’s next geographical move would be announced in two months.
Cash4Gold is also about to launch the next phase of its DRTV ad campaign, featuring as yet unnamed UK celebrities.
At eBay Knight managed all internal communications for eBay Inc, which includes eBay Marketplaces, Skype and PayPal.
During his tenure, eBay was listed on the Great Places to Work list and handled internal communications during the company’s CEO transition in March 2008.
Other positions include a stint at PepsiCo, for whom he introduced the Gatorade, Tropicana Juices, SoBe Teas and Aquafina water brands to the Asia Pacific region, as well as spending 11 years marketing for the Frito-Lay snack food division.
Knight is a serious athlete too: he has completed 14 Ironman Triathlons and has swum the English Channel.
This article was first published on Marketing Direct
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...