Google overhauls its search engine in battle with Microsoft
LONDON - Google is relaunching its search engine with a new version that the technology giant says will make searching faster and more accurate then ever.
Google...upgrades search engine
The upgrade to the search engine, nicknamed "caffeine", is the product of several months of development and will replace the current version once all tests have been finalised.
The outward appearance of the search engine will not change dramatically but Google says there has been a major overhaul to the system in terms of size, speed and comprehension, which will improve the user experience.
Martin McNulty, the director of the search marketing specialist Trafficbroker, puts the upgrade down to increased competition in the marketplace from the likes of Microsoft with its new search engine Bing.
McNulty said: "The launch of Bing has been a good thing, although unfortunately more for Google than Bing if the level of innovation continues at this frantic pace. Google is still very much in the driving seat and is still setting the pace."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Head of Brand Marketing, Youth Travel (7 mth FTC) Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, South East London
- Brand Strategy Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £45000 per annum + car + bonus + benefits, Kingston upon Thames
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - £45-50K Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West