YouTube's reach even bigger than before
LONDON - YouTube has overtaken MSN to become the fourth most popular website after recording its best ever month-on-month growth.
YouTube has over taken MSN for the first time
According to Compete.com, Google-owned YouTube beat Microsoft's Live.com and MSN for the first time.
YouTube recorded 85.1 million US visitors in July, up 8.7 per cent from 78.3 million in June.
The growth in traffic came at the expense of Hulu, which lost 16 per cent of its traffic in July, largely due to the seasonal lull in the airing of new television shows.
MSN attracted 83.7 million users in July, a huge drop 26 per cent from June's 114.1 million users.
Google remains the top web desintation, followed by Yahoo! and Facebook.
The on-going growth of YouTube is good news for advertisers as the site continues to add brand friendly features in an effort to monetise the service.
Last month is announced it is trialling technology that will allow content partners to serve their own ads into video clips on the site, in a move that could open the floodgates to big-brand campaigns.
FreeWheel, a video-ad serving platform, will enable content providers to serve ads, meaning the same ad could appear in the same content, whether on YouTube or elsewhere on the web.
YouTube has also recently allowed content providers including Sony Pictures and ESPN to place their own video players on the site, enabling them to insert their own ads and attribute the traffic to their own networks.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Communications Co-ordinator Stopgap £26000 - £29000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...