Tesco Clubcard 2 revealed - retailer plans to 'double up' rewards on all purchases
LONDON - The mystery of the Tesco 'Clubcard 2' campaign has been exposed as an extension of its loyalty scheme. Clubcard holders can now gain double points on all products sold in its stores and online, rather than limited to certain categories.
When the loyalty-card scheme was re-launched in May, as part of a £150m investment, the ‘double up' offer was limited to categories including clothing (in-store only), cosmetics, skincare and fragrance (in-store only) and wine and champagne (purchase either in-store or on its wine website).
The change is what was hinted at in a teaser campaign that appeared earlier this week in an outdoor advertising campaign: 'Clubcard 2 - coming to a store near your soon.'
From Monday, Tesco Clubcard holders will receive double Clubcard points - two points for every £1 they spend across the store and online.
Tesco said that the changes would be put in place on Monday in order to make the activity ‘simpler' for its customers.
In the three months since May more than 1.5 million customers doubled up their vouchers with the most popular categories being clothing and wine.
Tesco said that when stores close this coming afternoon stores would be prepared for the launch and a nationwide marketing campaign will also begin including new television and print adverts.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...