Rocket Fuel ad network blasts off
LONDON - Developers behind Yahoo!'s behavioural targeting technology have quietly launched a new ad network which combines social, behavioural, contextual, geographical and search data to serve the most appropriate ad.
Nike was one of the brands involved in testing Rocket Fuel
The hybrid network, named Rocket Fuel, claims to reach 40 million people and serve 100 million ads per month. It has already been tested by Microsoft, Dell, Nike and American Express, according to reports.
George John, Rocket Fuel chief executive, said the network relies on detailed information to select the most appropriate ad for each users, in consideration of their past behaviour, location and time of day.
"We let the data tell us what works and what is important. Instead of inflicting on customers thousands of targeting options, we figure out which options are working well and move inventory in that way," he said.
Usually advertisers and agencies are given access to a range of data, but must choose who to target themselves. However, Rocket Fuel's technology automates the process, giving brands faster feedback on what is working and what isn't.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...