Rocket Fuel ad network blasts off
LONDON - Developers behind Yahoo!'s behavioural targeting technology have quietly launched a new ad network which combines social, behavioural, contextual, geographical and search data to serve the most appropriate ad.
Nike was one of the brands involved in testing Rocket Fuel
The hybrid network, named Rocket Fuel, claims to reach 40 million people and serve 100 million ads per month. It has already been tested by Microsoft, Dell, Nike and American Express, according to reports.
George John, Rocket Fuel chief executive, said the network relies on detailed information to select the most appropriate ad for each users, in consideration of their past behaviour, location and time of day.
"We let the data tell us what works and what is important. Instead of inflicting on customers thousands of targeting options, we figure out which options are working well and move inventory in that way," he said.
Usually advertisers and agencies are given access to a range of data, but must choose who to target themselves. However, Rocket Fuel's technology automates the process, giving brands faster feedback on what is working and what isn't.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)