How Proust can find your luggage at Terminal 5
LONDON - Heathrow Airport has made author Alain de Botton its first writer-in-residence as it builds on its 'Making every journey better' campaign.
De Botton, author of the philosophical books 'How Proust Can Change Your Life' and 'The Art of Travel', is spending this week at Heathrow's Terminal 5 where he will pen, at least in part, a new book 'A Week At The Airport: A Heathrow Diary'.
The Swiss-born writer has been given access to all areas of the airport and its many passengers, some of whom will feature in the book.
The book is the latest part of BAA's campaign, launched at the end of June via outdoor sites at the airport. It continued last week with advertorials in The Times and thelondonpaper, and tied-up with Absolute's Christian O'Connell breakfast show.
Cat Jordan, head of commercial communications at BAA, said she hoped De Botton's book would enable the company to change people's thinking about Heathrow, emphasising the "emotional and rational" focus of the overall campaign.
Dan Glover, creative director at Mischief, the PR company which came up with the idea, said they were attempting to make Heathrow "a destination in itself".
Ten thousand free copies of the book will be handed out to travellers at the airport in the week prior to its newsstand debut on September 28.
Published by Profile Books, 'A Week At The Airport: A Heathrow Diary' will be available via Amazon, Borders and in airports across the country through WHSmith.
De Botton is also talking about his work in his personal Twitter feed.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- CUSTOMER SUCCESS MANAGER Digital Gurus £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...