How Proust can find your luggage at Terminal 5
LONDON - Heathrow Airport has made author Alain de Botton its first writer-in-residence as it builds on its 'Making every journey better' campaign.
De Botton, author of the philosophical books 'How Proust Can Change Your Life' and 'The Art of Travel', is spending this week at Heathrow's Terminal 5 where he will pen, at least in part, a new book 'A Week At The Airport: A Heathrow Diary'.
The Swiss-born writer has been given access to all areas of the airport and its many passengers, some of whom will feature in the book.
The book is the latest part of BAA's campaign, launched at the end of June via outdoor sites at the airport. It continued last week with advertorials in The Times and thelondonpaper, and tied-up with Absolute's Christian O'Connell breakfast show.
Cat Jordan, head of commercial communications at BAA, said she hoped De Botton's book would enable the company to change people's thinking about Heathrow, emphasising the "emotional and rational" focus of the overall campaign.
Dan Glover, creative director at Mischief, the PR company which came up with the idea, said they were attempting to make Heathrow "a destination in itself".
Ten thousand free copies of the book will be handed out to travellers at the airport in the week prior to its newsstand debut on September 28.
Published by Profile Books, 'A Week At The Airport: A Heathrow Diary' will be available via Amazon, Borders and in airports across the country through WHSmith.
De Botton is also talking about his work in his personal Twitter feed.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)