BBC invites fans to join in dancing show
LONDON - The BBC has developed a web app to create a more social experience for online viewers of Strictly Come Dancing.
Strictly Come Dancing is soon to return to the BBC
The app is due to launch when the seventh season airs later this month and lets online viewers interact with the live show by commenting on the performances and discussing moves with other viewers.
Pancentric created the app, which aims to reward fans of Strictly Come Dancing and build on their passion week by week, creating a fun online atmosphere.
Features include dynamic comment streams, polls throughout the duration of the live show, custom icons that can be embedded in message board postings and emotional responses such as ‘boo', ‘gasp' and ‘wow' which will be aggregated and shared with the TV audience.
Sequins, glitter, sparkles, spot lighting and costume have been used to give the application the glitz and glamour of the show without overwhelming the key messages and functionality.
The app is part of the BBC's push to create multiplatform experiences that will tap into the growing online video audience.
TV presenter Fearne Britton, former EastEnders star Ricky Groves and Hollyoaks actor Ricky Whittle are expected to star in this year's series.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London