Brand in the news - Peanuts
So Snoopy turns 60 this year? I've got to be honest, I never really 'got' Peanuts; it all seemed wrapped up in some deep-rooted expression of childhood angst. Besides, Snoopy was so blooming happy with himself.
My dad thought it was marvellous and most humorous. Maybe that's its charm: a comic strip written for children but enjoyed by adults. Whatever the reason, I know I'm in the minority and Peanuts is adored the world over.
No surprise then to see the licence-holders using Snoopy's 60th birthday as an opportunity to 'reconnect' him with fans while introducing him to some new ones.
Collectors can gorge themselves on a Snoopy in a display case, notebooks, mugs and all sorts of harmless and engaging paraphernalia. That's all good; the collector's market is massive and I can see the sense in celebration.
However, the announcement that the collection will include men's and women's nightwear, tissues and wet wipes comes as a bit of a shock to my Presbyterian sensibilities. I just can't get my head around who would be interested in such items.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...