Guardian moves ahead with plans for readers' club
LONDON - Guardian News & Media's plans for a club for its most loyal readers are moving ahead with the hunt beginning for someone to set up and head the scheme.
The company is recruiting a general manager for the 'Guardian club', which it describes as "a new initiative within GNM which aims to move us decisively away from the traditional rather distant relationship that newspaper companies have had with their readers".
The Guardian club is aimed at raising revenues from the newspaper's keenest readers, reportedly by offering benefits such as exclusive online content and live events, and other incentives that readers have been asked to vote upon.
The general manager is expected to have familiarity with membership schemes and with direct marketing techniques across digital and traditional media. The role will have responsibility for the club's profit and loss, driving revenue growth and developing the membership.
The scheme comes as other news organisations have said they are preparing to charge for more online content. However, the Guardian has said it is not interested in a paywall scheme.
The Guardian runs a popular dating service, Guardian Soulmates, as well as other reader services such as Guardian Holidays and a Guardian Book Club.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...