Apple approves Spotify for iPhone
LONDON - Apple has approved Spotify's iPhone app, enabling millions of handset owners to gain unlimited access to the music service on the move.
Apple has approved Spotify's iPhone app
Apple's rulling on the app has been eagerly anticipated as many see Spotify as a rival to Apple's dominant music store iTunes. Spotify has proved hugely popular in the UK since it launched in and commands around 8 million unique users in Europe. It's also expected to take the US by storm when it launches later this year.
Spotify founder Daniel Ek told the BBC: "We're not surprised but we're thrilled. We had a great dialogue with Apple from day one."
The app will be available to premium subscribers who pay £10 a month for an ad free version of Spotify. The company is expecting a sharp rise in premium subscribers, which would decrease its reliance on ad revenue.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...