Newsquest to launch community website network across North East
LONDON - Regional publisher Newsquest is planning to launch a network of community websites for towns, cities and villages across the North East.
Newsquest: launching new websites
Initially, 13 "Your Community" websites have been launched by the Darlington-based The Northern Echo and content is generated by citizen journalists recruited through advertising in the newspaper.
The Northern Echo is planning to recruit more community journalists and launch more websites in the coming months. The sites carry local display advertising alongside traditional digital campaigns.
Users can use the sites to search for travel news, house prices and homes for sale by area or postcode, compare local schools and get information about local amenities.
The North East division of Newsquest publishes The Northern Echo, Darlington & Stockton Times, Durham Times and the Advertiser Series.
In April, the Midlands division of Newsquest announced it was to roll out a network of hyperlocal websites for seven of its titles, including the Kidderminster Shuttle, Stourbridge News, Halesowen News, Dudley News, Bromsgrove Advertiser, Redditch Advertiser and Droitwich Spa Advertiser.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...