Newsquest to launch community website network across North East
LONDON - Regional publisher Newsquest is planning to launch a network of community websites for towns, cities and villages across the North East.
Newsquest: launching new websites
Initially, 13 "Your Community" websites have been launched by the Darlington-based The Northern Echo and content is generated by citizen journalists recruited through advertising in the newspaper.
The Northern Echo is planning to recruit more community journalists and launch more websites in the coming months. The sites carry local display advertising alongside traditional digital campaigns.
Users can use the sites to search for travel news, house prices and homes for sale by area or postcode, compare local schools and get information about local amenities.
The North East division of Newsquest publishes The Northern Echo, Darlington & Stockton Times, Durham Times and the Advertiser Series.
In April, the Midlands division of Newsquest announced it was to roll out a network of hyperlocal websites for seven of its titles, including the Kidderminster Shuttle, Stourbridge News, Halesowen News, Dudley News, Bromsgrove Advertiser, Redditch Advertiser and Droitwich Spa Advertiser.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London