Vitaminwater turns to Facebook to find new flavour
LONDON - Vitaminwater has launched a Facebook app to crowd source ideas for the next flavour of its drinks range.
Vitaminwater has asked Facebook fans to create a new flavour
The app monitors buzz from around the web, from sources including Google News, Twitter, Flickr and food blog Foodgwaker to create a list of the top ten flavours at any given moment.
The more a flavour is talked about the more likely it will make the final top ten list. Facebook users will then be invited to vote for their favourite flavour in the flavour creator lab, which will be released for sale in March next year.
The app also features a range of health quizzes to help users decide which vitamin and minerals the drink should contain and what its health benefits will be.
The third stage will see users design the label for the bottle, name the flavour and write the entertaining blurb explaining the water's health benefits.
The winning design will be selected by Vitaminwater's celebrity partners 50 Cent and Carrie Underwood. The new flavour and label will be announced in December with the winning designer taking home $5000 for their efforts.
Owned by Coca-Cola, Vitaminwater is aimed at health conscious consumers, with each flavour purporting to have a particular health benefit, such endurance, or relaxing.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Account Manager / Executive - Temporary Freelance Adam Recruitment £100 - £150 per day + doe, Manchester
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London