Google launches display ad exchange
LONDON - Google has launched a display ad exchange, which its says will change the way advertisers buy ad space, in a clear challenge to Yahoo! and Microsofts' dominant position in the display ad market.
Google has finally launched a display ad exchange, two years after buying DoubleClick
The DoubleClick Ad Exchange is modelled on the AdSense and AdWords systems used for purchasing search ads, but it only deals with display ads.
Neal Mohan, vice president of product management at Google said the exchange is a real-time marketplace that will help publishers, ad networks and agencies buy and sell display space.
"We want to democratise access to display advertising and make it accessible and open, like search advertising," Mohan said.
"By bringing publishers and advertisers together in an open marketplace in which prices are set in a real-time auction, the Ad Exchange enables display ads and ad space to be allocated much more efficiently. This improves returns for advertisers and enables publishers to get the most value out of their online content."
Google's move is a direct challenge to Yahoo! and Microsoft, the dominant players in the display ad marketplace. Yahoo! bought Right Media in 2007, and is responsible for placing ads on eBay and hundreds of newspaper sites.
Google bought DoubleClick for $3.1 billion last year, sparking speculation a display exchange was on the cards.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...