Adobe partners Gigya for flash app distribution and ads service
LONDON - Adobe Systems has created a service that helps distribute applications built with its Flash software across social networks and mobile devices.
Adobe said the online, hosted distribution service allows developers to make their applications compatible with most social media destinations and mobile operating systems, and shareable by users.
It has created the service in partnership with Gigya, a social media authentication and distribution platform.
An analytics element will measure distribution and customer usage, while there is also the option to choose paid promotion through Gigya to accelerate distribution.
Later this year Adobe will launch a social service which removes the need for developers to write different versions of applications for different social networks.
Developers will only need to write an application once to provide users with the choice of which social network to access through the application.
In addition, the service will monitor each social network site to ensure that changes to the network don't stop applications working.
The unveiling of the services follows Adobe's $1.8bn acquisition last week of web analytics company Omniture.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...