Vodafone adds Warner Music to DRM-free library
LONDON - Vodafone has signed an agreement with Warner Music to make DRM-free music from its artists available to download direct to users' mobile phones across the operator's network.
Warner music artist Green Day
Vodafone, which already has deals with Universal Music, Sony Music and EMI, said it is the first mobile operator to secure rights from all four major labels for DRM-free over-the-air downloads.
Its service gives subscribers access to downloadable tracks in a digital rights free format -- meaning they can be played on a number of devices.
Vodafone said it will work with Warner Music, home to artists including REM, Green Day and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, to offer not just music but also bundles that will include multimedia content.
Pieter Knook, internet services director at Vodafone, said: "The response to the DRM-free offering in all the markets where it has launched has been incredibly enthusiastic. Our customers love music and they love the flexibility that DRM-free on mobile gives them."
Warner Music's inventory is available now on Vodafone, with a total of 1 million tracks to download. Vodafone presently offers the service in the UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, Greece and Ireland, with other countries to be added soon.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...