Augmented reality: now in 3D
LONDON - Augmented reality firm Layar has added 3D capabilities to its Android compatible platform, further evolving the technology that merges reality with the virtual world.
Augmented reality goes 3D
Layar uses a mobile camera to add a layer of real-time meta data to an image, allowing users to see ‘tagged' versions of reality with information about their surroundings.
Third-party developers will be able to use the technology to add 3D text and objects to create a more immersive AR experience.
Developers can place 3D objects in their content layers based on coordinates which can be enhanced by allowing the user to open a web link or play sounds.
3D capabilities will be added to new and existing Layers in November, when Layar will also launch version 3.0 of its Reality Browser for Android.
According the Layar, around 500 developers re working on layers, while the app has been downloaded over 100,000 times.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Quant Qual Research Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £38000 - £42000 per annum + other benefits, Hertfordshire
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...